Sunday 26 September 2010

Making a Logo

The most recent (and perhaps most arduous) task in CRaM was to design and make a logo. The most obvious problem at first was what would my logo be. At first my idea was to have an engravement on a bullet coming out of a gun (a .45 or a .357 series.) This deemed to be too difficult however, the problem being that getting the animation for the actual sequence, that and the engravement would be too small to read. So I decided to think more intricately, but my true idea came from steve, whom suggested instead on making the engravement on the bullet, why not have it on the gun itself. The idea stuck, so I looked into Google images, focusing mainly on the M1911 series.

Eventually I found an image, so I edited it in Photoshop. Then came another problem, I could not use an image straight off the web due to copyright issues. But I could edit the image with an effect called threshold, which changed the images color to black and white, allowing for certain areas to be darker correspondingly. After a quick bit of editing the image was ready, and I added some text on the handle using a text box, also I changed the angle slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment